USS Constitutions Been hurt on the job az,Injury work,Lawyers for workers compensation What Can I Do If I’m The Victim Of A Workplace Injury?

What Can I Do If I’m The Victim Of A Workplace Injury?

Hurt on the job lawyers

Have you or someone you know been the victim of a workplace-related injury? It can be difficult to know who to turn to when you have legalities to sort out, a physical injury to manage and medical bills to pay off. Financial and legal options are available, however, that can see you properly compensated and put on the correct track toward working once more. Workers compensation attorneys are experts you can count on when it comes to workplace injury, illness and malpractice. Look below to learn more about injury and illness in America, how you can file a workers compensation claim and what workers compensation attorneys can do for you.

Compensation Laws In America

Worker-related rules and regulations have changed gradually over the decades to reflect the fluctuating needs of both employees and companies alike. The year 2011 saw state and federal workers’ compensation laws covering at least 125 million employees around the country, from teachers to nurses to construction workers. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics’ 2010 National Compensation Survey, employer spending on worker’s compensation costs added up to just below 2%. These costs cover, but are not limited to, paid leave, medical compensation and resource management. The legal and financial particulars of workers compensation also changes depending on each state’s unique rules.

Injury And Illness In The Workplace

Each career field has its own unique difficulties and risks, meaning workers compensation is essential for employees to feel secure in their day-to-day environment. It’s estimated there were 325,000 job-related sprains, strains and tears in the year 2013, as well as over 200,000 slip and fall-related injuries. Over 900,000 occupational injuries and illnesses resulted in multiple days of missed work, as well, and the average U.S. working woman or man missed eight days in 2013. Nursing assistants and orderlies, in particular, face three times the rate of back and musculoskeletal injuries than the average construction laborer. While sedentary jobs are thought to reduce the rate of injury, those that work at a desk full-time run a high risk of carpal tunnel, eye problems and lower back issues.

Workers’ Compensation Breakdown

These laws are set in place to ensure workers, no matter their position or career field, are properly protected and compensated for their time and effort. Workers’ compensation pays the entirety of medical costs for injured workers as well as cash benefits for lost work time, usually after a temporary waiting period. The benefit payments for workers’ compensation programs reached over $60 billion in the year 2011, at least a 3% increase from the year before. Wages and salaries make up around 70% of compensation costs, while general benefits cover the remaining 30%. If you feel you are entitled to a workers compensation claim due to an injury or accident, then you need to contact an attorney to help you navigate the legal system.

Contacting Workers Compensation Attorneys

If you find you’ve been the victim of a workplace-related accident or injury, you can seek out the services of a worker compensation lawyer to help you with legal fees, court hearings and resource management. They will gather up your information, from your employee history to your medical records, and apply their extensive knowledge of local laws to secure the compensation you deserve. Whether or not you are in a position to sue your employer for potential malpractice will depend on the factors involved in your specific case. Contact your local lawyer branch today and ask how they can help you with filing a workers compensation claim.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *