Workers Compensation How it Works

The workers’ compensation, generally known as workers’ comp, requires all employers to pay workers who fall ill or get injured as a direct consequence of their job. For business owners, you may ask, does a business owner need workers compensation insurance? Except for sole and partnership business owners, all other businesses need it unless they do not have employees.

As an employer, you may be wondering, “Do I need to buy workers compensation insurance.” Yes, the law mandates you to buy workers’ compensation insurance immediately after employing your first worker. Settle the insurance premiums without deducting them from payroll. As an employee, you may wonder, “Do I get paid if injured at work?” You are entitled to workers’ comp if you get injured or ill on duty.
Should an employer refuse, you can consider workers comp attorneys, who will aid in developing medical evidence to substantiate your claim, discuss a settlement, and act on your behalf at your workers’ comp hearing. Do I have to use PTO for workers comp? You may ask. If you suffer an injury or illness while working, you should receive workers’ comp without using PTO.

Personal service for injured arizona workers

Getting hurt at work is an unfortunate possibility that all employees could be affected by. If an injury occurs while you are working, workers compensation can help. There is no need to add extra stress to your situation by having to worry about missing work and where the money will come from. Let AZ workers compensation lawyers help you get your work-related injury sorted out so you can get yourself on the road to recovery.

About Workers’ Compensation

AZ workers compensation strives to give each employee peace of mind as well as financial and job security by providing payment for on the job injuries. There were 125.8 million employees that the state and federal workers’ compensation laws covered just in 2011. The incidence rate for workplace injuries decreased from 3.4 cases per 100 equivalent full-time workers to 3.3 cases from 2012 to 2013. There were a total of 3.0 million nonfatal work related injuries and illnesses reported by private industry employers in 2013. Also, in 2013 there were 327, 060 sprains, strains and tears, 229,190 slip, trip and fall injuries, and 170,450 back injuries that occurred while working. Certain occupations are more susceptible to injury. Warehouse and construction workers are always at high risk. Surprisingly, nursing assistants and orderlies each suffer approximately 3 times the rate of back and musculoskeletal injuries than construction laborers. AZ workers compensation provides benefits to all employees and works to help them after an on the job injury.

How Does Workers’ Compensation Work?

Everyone knows that getting hurt on the job can be stressful and frustrating. The point of AZ workers compensation is to make it a little less stressful so that the employee can focus on recovery instead of worrying about missing work and not making any money. In 2013, an average of 8 days of work were missed by U.S. men and women who had suffered work related injuries and a total of 917,100 work related injuries and illnesses resulted in employees missing work. These employees, just as any employee who has been injured on the job, are eligible for workers’ compensation to help them stay financially stable while they work on their healing processes. The Bureau of Labor Statistics conducted a National Compensation Survey in 2010 which stated that workers’ compensation costs represented 1.6% of overall employer spending. In 2010, benefit payments under workers’ compensation programs totaled $60.2 billion. In 2011, the payments increased by 3.4%, paying out $60.2 billion. One of the greatest aspects of workers’ compensation is that it pays 100% of the medical costs for employees who were involved in an occupational injury. It also pays cash benefits for missed work days after a three to seven day waiting period. The compensation costs are covered by wages and salaries, which makes up about 70% of the payment. The remaining 30% is covered by benefits. File a workers compensation claim whenever you are injured on the job, and let the benefits ease mind as well as your healing process.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *