When you have been in a car accident and have been injured in it, there are many things that you have to do next. The first priority is often the medical problems that you have and going to all of your appointments. After that, you likely need a personal injury attorney who can go to work for you and help you to get the money you need for your medical bills as well as other monetary needs. Getting accident lawyer advice is important for going forward after a car accident injury.
You have certain auto accident victim rights, and you can get those respected better when you have a car injury attorney. If you are looking for the best car injury lawyers, you may want to talk to the people you know and see if you can get one of them to recommend an attorney in your area. Finding the best car accident injury lawyers near me can also be done by looking at the business listings for the attorneys in your local area. This can help you to see which of them have good and bad reputations when it comes to car accidents and getting clients a good settlement amount.
Knowing when to consult a personal injury attorney can seem confusing. In fact, after a minor accident many victims spend the initial minutes, hours, and days being relieved that there injuries were not worse. Reacting on their relief, many people do not initially think that they need to consult a legal representative. The simple doctor’s appointments for both diagnosis and rehabilitation, however, add up and many of these people soon realize that they are missing more work than they thought they would. In fact, between taking time off from work for car repairs and finding the time to make sure that you are able to fully recover from any injury, the missed work time can be significant.
Taking the time to find a law firm that specializes in your kind of injury can often help you afford access to the resources that you need to make sure that you recover. Without someone looking out for your best interest, on the other hand, you can find yourself struggling to get back to full speed. Personal injury lawsuit settlements are difficult to navigate alone, and relying on your employer or your insurance company to provide you the assistance that you need can be risky.
Finding Your Own Personal Injury Attorney from a Reputable Law Firm May Help You Reach a Better Settlement
Whether you are a victim of a car accident or a truck accident or you have a child who was injured at birth, finding a law firm to represent your best interests is often essential to making sure that you fully recover. From medical and rehabilitation bills to additional funds for a settlement, it is important to make sure that you call for the legal help that you need sooner rather than later. Consider some of these facts and figures about the many reasons that Americans find themselves in need of a personal injury attorney:
- Although these limits can vary from state to state, but Tennessee’s statute of limitations for personal injury cases and wrongful death cases is one year. Statutes of limitations are laws that regulate the time limits on how long a person has to file a civil lawsuit, like a personal injury lawsuit.
- Only 4% to 5% of the personal injury cases in the U.S. go to trial, because as many as 95% of them are settled pretrial.
- Although fewer than 4,000 are ever arrested, people drive drunk almost 300,000 times every single day.
- Reaching for a phone, dialing, and texting and engaging in other visual-manual subtasks associated with the use of hand-held phones and other portable devices increase the risk of getting into a crash by three times.
- 2.05 million passenger vehicle occupants were injured in traffic crashes in the year 2013.
- 21,132 passenger vehicle occupants lost their lives in traffic crashes in the year 2013.
Knowing when to call a law firm can be the difference between successfully recovering from an accident that was not your fault and failing to get your life back to normal.